Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More Testing Last Night


So it was time for that regular LT test again last night. So far this season has been just base training and with only having really done a bunch of Long Steady Distance Training and some sub-threshold stuff, I was not expecting a big bump in my numbers. So I was pleasantly surprised when my LT HR was still about 178 and the wattage was up at 355, perhaps even more impressive though was that the last 10 minutes of the test was 371 watts average. Good things to see this early in the season. The Build Phase of Training starts soon, so more intervals and pain, but I am looking forward to it. Our First race is just over a week away. The Camp Hilbert #1 will be a blast. Bike Factory Racing is going to be there in style. So far we have about 7 riders attending, so it will make for a good time.

This race is falling early in the training year, so it is hard to say I am expecting a great result, but still hoping to do well, and I will be giving it my all.

see ya on the trails,

Shawn

No comments: