Monday, November 3, 2008

The six inches in front of your face

The Tidewater Challenge came and went two weekends ago, and somehow I ended up at the front after 6 hours. Then the Paranormal went down on Saturday night in all its radicalness. And again, somehow, after 6 hours, I got to the front and hung on.

Through a haze of nausea on Sat night, I remember someone saying, "you're on a winning streak." So hell yes, I'm playing the lottery this afternoon, and I plan on being a millionaire by nightfall so I can get down to devoting my life 100% to singletrack. And global marsupial annihilation.

Oh hell yes, a game of inches. Monday night football tonight - Live from D.C. on ESPN. Look for the guy trying to keep his new bride/steelers fan from getting beat up by Redskins fans wearing dresses and pig noses.

Then Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. I need a new tire. http://twistedtirefall.racesonline.com/ Who's coming with me?

3 comments:

-j said...

DT, I'll be in the pits cheering you on, motivating you, and yellin' at you to keep movin'.. sort of like a drill sergeant in high school: loud, in your face, and probably a bit too inappropriate for the cirumstances!

Rock it hard, man!

kevin29er said...

I'll be the guy w/ one gear behind you.

dannyo said...

I'll be racing the expert junior catagory so I think I get to start with or close to you.