Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cross Race



Got this wacky idea to do a cross race yesterday. Nothing like a full hour of "what the hell are you doing to me" for your body during the off season. Man, that was fun!!!
I managed to pull of 4th place in the collegiate category on a Full Suspension 29er. Kind of not a cross rig at all....but you ride what you know and what you are comfortable on....so I loaned the Cross bike to someone else, and rode the mountain bike.

All will revert to normal starting this week though: It is Base Miles Time!!!!! I love this time of year, a reason to hop on a bike, and pedal for hours on hours. During these rides, I have solved such things as world hunger, poverty of third world nations, and the perfect suspension design....alas, by the time I finish I am too tired to remember what the answers were though.

I guess the thing I love the most about being a competitive cyclists is base training.

Let the fun begin!!!

-Shawn

5 comments:

Scott-tay said...

Nice job in the collegiate race, Shawn. Cyrus was rocking in the C race, and I was sliding around in the B race. It was fun, and I was somewhat envious of the fat tires on that course. Good to get support from Denelle, Nolan, Dave and see some sympathetic folks out there--no two ways about it--cross is difficult.

MC said...

Good job to Jasper too. Results are out, and it seems he took 2nd in the Kids category.

Scott-tay said...

Well, Jasper passed up the race, so he didn't really place 2nd, but he did help out a bit with the trailwork Sunday. He bailed from the race not because of the cold but because he got invited to a playdate.

MC said...

Hm, then there is an error in the final results. I had thought that the second place winner looked distinctly like a little girl, but then upon reading the results, thought I must have been mistaken.

Sorry for the mixup.

Shawn T. said...

Jasper is dating!?!?!
Next thing you know J will be borrowing the big black truck!!