Monday, April 13, 2009

Cesenatico and back

Back from our honeymoon, Shannon and I wanted to start sending some pictures around.

For this crew, I thought I'd start with Cesenatico, Italy - boyhood home of Marco Pantani. There's a monument to him there, as well as a museum.

The monument is by the sea, facing west towards the mountains. I thought that was appropriate.


The museum is interesting. Lots of old footage of Marco dominating in the Giro and the Tour. Here's a photo with me and a couple of his early bianchis - they were TINY. Crazy other stuff too. Pictures of him hunting partridge. His custom harley. Some notes in Italian before his death.
And seriously, what would a honeymoon be without a stroll on the beach.
And then, Snap! Back to the home front. Two races in two weekends. And a rebuilt fork - thanks Bro. Bender says those Enduro Seals check out, and I managed to get a gap on him on the first downhill so something is working right in there again.

2 comments:

kevin29er said...

nice seals. i want some too.

Shawn T. said...

"who's a good boy"