Friday, June 19, 2009

The Big Man and ORAMM

The big man leaves tomorrow for Asheville, never to return.

Well, that's not all true. He'll be back for the Paranormal in October. But he really is moving to Asheville. It's a sad day in the history of sad days. And while I do love the drama, I'll miss the papa bear. We can only hope that Pisgah National Forest is big enough for him.



From my limited experiences, yes, it's freaking huge.

The obvious next subject is, of course, when are we going to visit, say hi to Clark (whom we really like more than Nolan anyway), take advantage of his developing knowledge of Pisgah bootleg trails, and maybe race ORAMM?

Well, ORAMM is July 26th. Chickity-check it out: http://www.blueridgeadventures.net/oramm/main.html

It's a bit like the Shen 100, I'm told, only down thattaway instead of up thissaway, and a little shorter - but no less difficult. I met the event promoters at the Hoo-Ha!, and they talked it up enough to get me interested. And now we've got to say goodbye to the big man. The stars seem aligned to make us only have to miss him for a month.

Who's coming with me?

Here's a sad, lonesome ode to Nolan's departure and/or what my dogs do every time a fire truck drives down Markwood Road:

1 comment:

kevin29er said...

Dirty Du or 60 miles of pain and suffering? Tough call.