Saturday, September 11, 2010

BFR scores 4 for 4 at FORD

Congratulations to our riders at the Fredericksburg Off-Road Duathlon on Saturday September 11. Jenny L, Danielle, Shawn, and I lined up for a somewhat chilly 9am start that soon turned into a heated affair against some fast runners, talented teams, and tough competition from some locals and out-of-staters. Course conditions were primo with dry, dusty trails that were a bit on the technical side for the quarry, with both the run and ride capped off by a wet trip through the culvert under I-95. Shawn was off to a good start and ran well on both runs sandwiched around a very strong bike leg; not sure where it was but he took a digger on the run and got a little trail rash; the effort was worth second overall. Jenny opted for the shorter-distance race and finished strongly with an age-group win and second overall if my recollection is correct. Danielle finished the first run hot on my heels and held strong for second overall in the longer-distance course. I felt like my run was pretty good even though I was mid-pack or so on the first run; the cooler temps and reduced humidity made my runs less of a suffer-fest. My ride went well, and I tried to hold off runners on the last leg but got caught by a few including the dude who streaked past me to push me down to third in my age group by a mere 5 seconds. Oh, well, it was a blast.

Great job, teammates!

No comments: