Saturday, April 10, 2010

Camp Hilbert

Okay Hilbert. I know you and I don't have a good history. There was the day with 3 flat tires on a single lap. There was that episode with the bonk at hour 3 (and the subsequent two+ hours of suffering). There was the day on the single speed, yeah, that kinda hurt. There was that horrible suffering of the attempt at going fast enough to place in sport. There was the day with the flat on the start line.. that was funny, sort of.

This year, I'm bringing THE PIVOT for it's first run at you. You've probably never met anything quite like it. It's red. It plush. It's rock solid. It's an enduro machine. It's fast. Hell, it's so fast I can't keep up with it sometimes. The Niner is coming for moral support, to spectate the Piv's dominance, and a possible backup. So don't think you can put a well-placed stick in a derailleur on the opening lap and get away with anything.

Every wheel I own has fresh Stan's. Even wheels I'm not bringing to the race. I have enough food and water packed to feed a small army for a short war, or a large army for a very short war. I double checked that I brought my shoes, helmet, chamois cream, gloves, arm/leg warmers, shorts, jersey. Heck, even the iPod is ready to rock your world; a 5 hour mix of HateBreed, Nine Inch Nails, Disturbed, and Patsy Cline (You heard me!)

Hilbert, tomorrow is war. Bring your A-game, mine is packed.