Saturday, April 17, 2010

FORD victory!

Congratulations to Eric Moore for the overall win at the Fredericksburg Off-Road Duathlon Saturday April 17. BFR showed up in good numbers with Brock Darden, Jenny Whedbee, Eric, and myself rolling in for the start in great weather conditions at the course. The initial run was flat for about a mile before singletrack and then a riverside portion before heading into transition after a fairly long 2.9 miles. Eric led the run, and Brock was close to the leaders before a snapped chain took him out (Brock, I think you've got your mechanical glitches done for the season and you'll have a good race next time). I was a few minutes back on the run and felt good on the bike and only gave up one overall spot on the run when a younger age-grouper flew past on the final straight.

Eric was a few minutes up on second, and Jenny won her age group. I had a second in my age group, so it was a good day all around.

Peace.

No comments: