Sunday, November 11, 2007

Walnut Creek Ride

I rode at Walnut today with Chris. It was day three of three hard training days, so I was not inclined to get out and ride, so I was glad when he said he was riding. Having worked all night at Pegasus, meant sleeping all morning, and that alone is enough to kill your 'get up and go'. Chris crashed hard yesterday thanks to some leafy wet bridge incident, so he was in need of a good ride to work out the resulting mental haze. We opened with a great lap around the Dam Side trail, dodging more hikers and riders than we had seen in a while. Chris seemed to be getting his flow back on this section so we headed up towards the back side of the park. I managed to get my 'Tempo pace' intervals done on the climbs and portions of the flats, so I completed my training that Adnan had thrown at me.....plus some. I was really glad I got out, gorgeous weather, felt good to get the final tuning done on the Top Fuel 9.9 for the weekend, and Chris rode really well also.....so great day all around.
Tomorrow is a rest day, so I will try to finish the preparation of the Team Trailer and my bikes for this coming weekend. Inclusive in that: New Monarch Shock for the Top Fuel.....keep tuned about this one, but it looks like it will be a great upgrade.

-Shawn

No comments: