Friday, January 16, 2009

12 degrees and windy

12 degrees and windy. Who is getting out for a ride today?



15 days left in January. What joy is there in the world?

Well, there's this, a picture of someone faster than Kevin. http://ors.cycleva.com/index.htm

With no riding to be had, let's take a poll:




Will Lorene beat Kevin by more than 1000 points in the VORS this year?





1) yes


2) no, but she will beat him by at least 850


3) Kevin stands a fighting chance, but good lord he is getting old and infirm.


4) Kevin will claim general malaise and sandbag down into the beginner mens category so he doesn't have to face the competition.





Chalk me up for a vote for numero uno.

5 comments:

Nolan LaVoie said...

No riding to be had.... It only 12 degrees and windy. I fricken love it! and my vote is for 1 as well. Kevin is going to kill it.

Shawn T. said...

I will reserve judgement until the 4th of July. After that, I will render my omniscient opinion and let everyone know what I have known all along.

But as his coach, his numbers are good.

-Shawn

Scott-tay said...

Who says there is no riding? I'm going to try to do a run then a ride at Walnut, and I hear folks may have made it to O-Hill at Friday midnight. I'm trying to ignore the fact that my home thermometer read 5 below this morning.

Oh, I vote for 3A--Kevin is riding strong. He's really not that old (9 yrs younger than me), and he knows how to pace himself.

-j said...

I heard that '9er was actually gong to ride squishy and use gears this year.

And yes, O'hill friday night freakin' HAPPENED. It was single digits, but, as I've said a million times.. you can't get cold on O'Hill.

Gear up, it goes down again on the coldest night of next January, too.

kevin29er said...

It doesn't matter. I'm doing my 2 races per month. What I will do this season is ride my races, have fun, and attempt to not get caught up in any tarded points races, since, at the end of the day, who really needs an obnoxious oversized salsa jersey anyway? On that note: I have a totally rad XL Salsa jersey for sale, if you are interested.