Monday, January 19, 2009

Lodi, Wintergreen, or Middle Mountain Mamma?

May 2nd and 3rd typically have three pretty great races within a couple hours of C'ville.





May 2nd - 12 hours of Lodi, in Fredericksburg http://www.fredevents.org/


May 3rd - Wintergreen Hill Climb, at Wintergreen http://www.cvilleracing.com/


May 3rd - Middle Mountain Momma, at Douthat State Park http://www.mountainbikevirginia.com/





I once heard someone talk trash about doing all three in the same weekend, which is technically feasible for anyone who really dislikes their knees. For most of us, though, you pick one and suffer the consequences.




Poll it up, pain planners. What's it gonna be?


Count me in for the Middle Mtn Momma.



Speaking of Lodi, and so as not to ruin my streak of taunting Kevin every single time I post something on this blog, remember this?

He appears almost catatonic, spacey, staring off to somewhere where hell is happening.

Dirt roads on Sunday, anyone?

6 comments:

kevin29er said...

I'm tempted to go Lodi, for redemption's sake, but it'll never be the same with the race starting @ noon. Lodi, as it once was, will be a lasting failure for me.

MMM sounds new and exciting. Never been. And it gets me back to the wife and kids faster, which is good.

Plus, from the VORS standpoint, Lodi is a lot of hard frikin work without a lot of payback, unless you manage to beat many teams in the process. I suspect the crowd may grow with the noon start, making that goal a bit harder.

Just as my streak of 24 Hours of Canaan/Snowshoe/Big Bear appearances died, perhaps my Lodi streak shall die as well.

Scott-tay said...

Lodi is a lot of fun if you're part of a team--that's my take on it. I'd like to team up with someone (or two) and give it a run. If not, MMM is a fun course on both XXC and regular distance. One thing I've found with Lodi is it packs a lot of difficulty into 12 hours with either rain, heat, cold, sand, mud, you name it.

Oh--I want to give a public shout-out to Dave for saving my ass last year by lending me a light after mine failed on the first lap at Lodi '08. That's what friends--and now teammates--are for, yo.

kt said...

The MMM rocks. The downhills are unsurpassed around these parts and there's minimal hike-a-bike on the uphills. Christy and I will be doing the MMM. See ya there.

-j said...

I'm all in at the MMM. I've rocked the XXC course many years in a row now, and I'm considering throwing my hat into the XC Sport Cat. Either way, you just can't beat douthat for awesome race terrain.

I'll consider wintergreen when they put in a XXC offroad option. :)

Shawn T. said...

Gotta hit LODI again. Who is in for that?
-S

-j said...

Shawn, you know darned well that you want more of that MMM XXC course.. it's calling your name!