Thursday, January 8, 2009

winter riding binge

Why I've ridden 18 of the last 21 days: http://ors.cycleva.com/2009/undercont.htm
Check out the little slide show.
Let me show you...basically, Bike Factory Racing members are all over the VA off road series page, in a scary way.

Scott Ramsey, on the gas, coming up the outside in a group sprint, leaning in to take out (count 'em) 6 dudes to his left. Ouch.


Check this creepy bastard out, lurking in the rear, looking like an escaped prisoner. He'll cut you.



And lastly, though not part of the VA series slideshow, I have reason to believe that Bender might be a Mangalore, badguy aliens from the 5th Element. Tell me you don't see the resemblance. In the ears? In the nose a little? Yeah, be afraid.
The thing is, these are my riding companions. You'd think I would hold myself in better company. My only recourse here is to train my ass off this winter in the hopes I can STAY AWAY from these guys when spring comes. And spring is sure to come.
Before that, though, we've got to do Marco proud. Feb 14th is a Saturday, not Valentine's day. Mark your calendars for a big one. Details to follow. Up UP UP.

3 comments:

Scott-tay said...

Check out the Bike Factory listing on the VORS webpage: http://ors.cycleva.com/2009/team09.htm. We're all over that series.

kevin29er said...

I'll cut you down w/ my bontrager switchblade. If I ever run it again.

back is getting better. saw a doc. thinking a bit of physical therapy is in order. gotta be good for march.

BFR is looking silly strong.

Shawn T. said...

Silly strong is where we want to be.