Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend

What a weekend, driving 20 hours out of 32 between Friday afternoon and Saturday night was pretty trying though. I got in a good ride in the Poconos while I was out there. I stopped at a shop called Cedar Bike on the eastern side of Scranton, PA. They gave me great directions and even drew a map of a nice road loop with about 1800 feet of climbing in the first 8 miles. Made for a good solid warm up. Of course the ride down in 50 degree rain was not as pleasant.
Sunday was a longish ride, 70 miles ending right at dark, always nice to be chased in by darkness falling, adds that little extra kick to the finishing stretch. This week is a bunch of shifts at work, people are out of town for a conference, so I am covering extra stuff. Wednesday will be a brownie Crit on the Farm, so that will be fun.

Off to do some homework.

-Shawn

No comments: